DAKS PhD Prize
The DAKS PhD prize will be awarded every year by the Danish
Ceramic Society to the best PhD thesis on ceramics or glass from a
Danish university. Incoming nominations will be evaluated by the
industry members of the DAKS board and the prize will be awarded at
a DAKS meetings.
The prize consists of a diploma and 2500 DKK.
- The PhD thesis pertains to ceramic or glass materials
manufacture, characterization and/or application
- The PhD has been awarded (not just submitted) at a Danish
university in the past year (see deadlines and cut-off dates
- The PhD student should have participated in at least one DAKS
event during their PhD study (not applicable in 2022 and
- The PhD student is willing to present their work at a DAKS
meeting if they are awarded the prize (travel costs from within
Europe will be covered).
- Relevance of the thesis topic to ceramics and glass
- Impact of the thesis work, both scientifically and
- You can nominate yourself or students you have
- The nomination should include:Name and contact info for the
- Title of the thesis, its award date, supervisors, department
- A statement (max 1 page) of why the thesis is worthy of the
prize, addressing the evaluation criteria above
- A copy of the thesis should be attached
- Please send the nominations as a PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The nomination deadline is July 1st
every year for theses awarded during the last 12 months.